Glendale, there is no reason to get in a pretzel about this piece of good news. The Huffington Post named Yoga in the Village one of the top eleven yoga spots in Los Angeles. Yoga in the Village is a nice addition to the Glendale community that offers classes for every level of fitness. Individuals have praised the yoga studio for helping improve their health and wellness.
Now that you know that Glendale is home to one of the best yoga studios in LA, here are some reasons to get into downward dog:
- Better Sleep: So many people suffer from insomnia and other sleep disorders. Since yoga is relaxing for the mind and body, it can help you fall asleep easier at night.
- Better Posture: Don’t underestimate the toning power of yoga. It will help strengthen your core, which can lead to better posture. Good posture is essential for decreasing back pain and other joint pain.
- Less Stress: Stress is a toxin in your life, and if left to build up, it will eventually affect your health. Yoga helps you relax and eases the stresses of life. The positions help you to focus and draw from your inner strength, while many teachers use visual techniques to help you shake any stress away. Try taking a class during your lunch hour or after work to really feel the stress-relieving benefits.
- Lose Weight, Gain Muscle Tone: Traditional yoga is not a high-calorie burning workout, but when paired with cardio, it balances out your workout routine. Many have found that regular yoga practice helps them to be more conscientious of how they eat, which in turn leads to eating healthier. Yoga positions do help build up muscle tone, giving you a sleeker and more pulled in look.
- Low Impact: While there are many great workouts available right now, not many of them are gentle enough for everyone. Those who are older or suffer from injuries can enjoy the benefits of regular yoga practice without straining their joints.
- Better Mind: Yoga has been found to help improve memory and concentration. Studies have also proved that it can prevent and treat Alzheimer’s disease.
- Less Back Pain: Another study has also shown that regular yoga practice can help reduce back and other joint paint. This could be because of the strengthened core muscles, as well as the fact that yoga is a good stretch for all. The study showed that regular yoga was as effective, if not more effective, than prescription painkillers.
What better reasons do you need to enjoy some mat time? Yoga is a great start for a healthier lifestyle. Even if you have never worked out a day in your life, you can do start with a beginning yoga class.
Always consult your chiropractor or primary care physician for all your health related advice.