If you’re finding it increasingly difficult to carve out enough time to hit the gym, or if you’re looking for physical activities to balance out your office job, you’ve come to the right place. You don’t need to spend hours on the elliptical to get results. Here are just a few of the ways that you can turn your workplace into your own private gym.
- Park further away. Don’t spend your time searching out a parking spot right next to the building. Instead, park far away from where you need to be and walk the difference. You’ll get to your destination in the same amount of time, but with some extra calories burned off.
- Reorganize your desk. Try to arrange your work area so that you can stand more often. Who says you have to sit down in order to type? Always look for excuses to get up from your chair whenever possible.
- Toss out your ordinary chair and invest in a stability ball. Stability balls strengthen your core and help keep your legs active. Even if you can’t sit on one for eight hours a day, they can still help. Sit in your normal chair in the morning and spend the afternoon on your stability ball.
- Look for excuses to get up and move. Most of us don’t really need to be sitting for hours at a time. Train yourself to stand up when taking phone calls and schedule face to face meetings instead of sending emails whenever possible.
- Take the stairs. There are very few exercises as effective at burning fat as climbing stairs. You can burn hundreds of extra calories every day by trading in the elevator for the staircase as often as possible.
- If you have a private office, take advantage of it by doing some push-ups. Simply stand in front of your desk and lower your body slowly toward the desk before pushing yourself back up into a standing position. Repeat as often as necessary.
- Use your stress ball creatively. Squeezing a stress ball can do more than calm you down; it can also improve your arm strength. If you spend a lot of time at your keyboard, this is a great way to strengthen your wrists and hands.
Regular exercise is one of the most important things you can do for lasting health. Talk to your chiropractor today to find out how you can add physical fitness into your everyday life. Your chiropractic team is an invaluable source on how to maintain a healthy body and mind. Contact them today to get started toward a life filled with health and vitality. When it comes to your wellness, your chiropractic team is always on your side.
Always consult your chiropractor or primary care physician for all your health related advice.
This article is made available for general, entertainment and educational purposes only. The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of The Joint Corp (or its franchisees and affiliates). You should always seek the advice of a licensed healthcare professional.